Wednesday, September 4, 2013

College...

It's been over a month into college and I still don't have the right words to describe what it's like being here. Maybe it's the different kinds of people or maybe it's the campus which is so much more bigger than school. But nothing here seems "own".
I'm not implying that I'm not happy here. The campus is beautiful, with the view of the Mula river on one side and the direct connection to the city on the other. Peaceful and fun. An amalgum of 500year old buildings and extremely new ones. Two canteens, huge trees and so many kinds of birds.I don't think I can ask for more.
I've made some really good friends. Friends who understand me for the person I am. Friends I know I can trust. Friends I know I don't have to be cautious around. Friends I can be crazy with.
But nothing seems complete. Somehow, nothing feels as good as it should. I still need to let it sink in. I still need to accept that I'm far away from home. I need to accept this void in my soul. I need to accept that this flight isn't going be easy with all this weight on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment